Friday, February 13, 2009

MANCHILD 5: LIKE GOLD DOWN A SEWER



JON MCCLAIN AND MYSELF IN FRONT OF HARDEES, 1987.

Hey Kids!

Since I am great at announcing vague plans before they come to fruition, here is another one:

MANCHILD 4 will be out soon. It will have another MELVINS CD, this one called PICK YOUR BATTLES. It will be another cool book.

But what am I going to do next? you might wonder to yourself? Well, here is the answer:

MANCHILD 5: LIKE GOLD DOWN A SEWER.

LIKE GOLD DOWN A SEWER is the aborted oral history of mainly "Raleigh North Carolina underground punk rock during the eighties" project that I have been chipping away out for the last six years. I had printed all of it on my blog last year. (at:http://introvertedloudmouth.blogspot.com. You have to go back pretty far but it is all there.) Some of you might remember that. The time might come to finish the damn thing, get updated interviews and contributions from other people that I used to see all of the time when I first moved here in the middle of the eighties. I have a lot of stuff and I would say that the thing is at least three quarters done. but that last fourth is crucial and I need more input.

So if you are someone reading this that I used to see, and even if you thought I was a jerk back then or if I maybe barely remember you, no matter. I could use some help. any contributions would be appreciated. I will be hunting some of you down anyways so you might as well beat me to the punch. I will be asking you some questions, stuff like that.

I also want to include another cd in there, and there is one band above all others, a band that isn't even local that deserves this.

Richmond, Virginia's HONOR ROLE. A live release. To be included in the next MANCHILD. I will get to work on that as well. If I can't pull that off, I will think of something else. But I hope I can do it.

If you were there,any help would be great. I want to get the ball rolling, so contact me at: reluctantking@hotmail.com

thanks!

No comments: