Wednesday, April 15, 2009

LIKE GOLD DOWN A SEWER.


I am finally going to finish this monster of a project that I have had under my belt for a long time, and it will be my next MANCHILD book. LIKE GOLD DOWN A SEWER is the title of what will be a oral history of music made under the initial name of "punk rock" here in Raleigh North Carolina from the years 1982 until the end of the decade. a eight year period is what will be covered. I have a lot of stuff but need so much more to make this complete. Plus I need more input and was wondering if anyone out there knows how to get in touch with the following people. It is a long list of people, a few of whom I have never met. Here it is:

jd holder
eric eycke
lee johnson
beth wright
debbie shamblee
jared bogart
grady ormond
mike carter
lila taylor
maria ma
jeff clayton
joe young
matt smith
chris phillips
simon bob sinister
danny hooley
chris eubanks
jon mcclain
woody weatherman's parents
sean from white zombie
graham mckinney
ricky hicks
bill mooney


there are plenty more that i can't think of right now, but the idea would be that i would send a variety of questions to be answered, and that is it for right now. I have a collection of old flyers and artifacts from this time period, and already have a lot of material and interviews from all kinds of people but I need a lot more. So if anyone out there comes across this note and knows how I can easily get in touch with these folks, please drop me a line either here or even better, at my regular e-mail at: reluctantking@hotmail.com

LIKE GOLD DOWN A SEWER, despite some of my satirical work in my other books (i.e. making fun of people, stuff like that) is a project that I am planning on taking seriously, and in fact I want the people that were there to tell the story and as for me, I will be staying out of it as much as possible.

There will also hopefully be another cd included, but it is hard to say what it will be at this point in time.

anyways, thanks.

3 comments:

jer said...

that dude in the background looks mighty familiar

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine a photo of that guy without a pretty Asian girl in the photo. Still no need to.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what happened to Jared.

-
Grady